Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
KV301: What is Education Research
Transcript of KV301: What is Education Research
self- critical enquiry which aims
to contribute to the advancement
of knowledge and wisdom
(Bassey, 1999). Research is.. Education Research is...
critical enquiry aimed at informing educational judgements and decisions in order to improve
educational action (Bassey, 1999). Bibliography Bassey, M. (1999) Case study research in educational
settings, Berkshire: Open University Press (cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr Types of Information 1. Descriptive Research - describes situations.
2. Correlational Research - looks for relationships.
3. Causal Research - suggests links between things -
4. Experimental Research - looks at effects.
5. Case Study Research - detailed study of a group or
individual. Types of Questions 1. Descriptive Questions -
describe what is happening.
2. Relational or Correlational Questions -
look for links between phenomena.
3. Causal Questions - look at the effect
of phenomena. Research is... Classified in many different ways. Types of methods Quantitative Methods - rely on statistical analysis of numeric data (numbers) and are most often used to study large populations.
Qualitative methods -qualitative methods typically collect, analyze, and report words. These words come from participants who explain how they experienced something or their understanding.
The types of question you develop will determine the type of data you require!