Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
importance of ethical, environmental and legal consideration
Transcript of importance of ethical, environmental and legal consideration
a computer system?
match the phrases to the correct words
A computer system
Something that is able to take a series of inputs, process them, and then display in a set of outputs.
Ethical issues are to do with our values as an individual, as a and member of a community or country and as a society.
According to scientists at the UN University in Tokyo, you need:
• about 250 Kg of fossil fuel
• over 20 Kg of chemicals
• over 1000 different chemicals, including lead, arsenic, cadmium (all toxic)
• over 1500 Kg of water
TO DO WHAT?????
Build one computer
Accessing controversial information via the Internet
Disposing of computers
Approximately 150 million pcs will be made in the next 12 months alone.
Legislation now demands 70% of a PC is recycled when it is finally scrapped
Recycled using acid baths
Second hand pcs
The importance of ethical, environmental and legal considerations when creating computer systems’
Data Protection Act 1998
The Computer Misuse Act 1990
The Copyright and Patents Act 1988
Think about legal, environmental and ethical issues - pick one issue and be prepared to explain why you think it is important.
We want the people who design a computer system to think about the consequences to those human beings affected by their system