Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Obstetric Difficult Airway Management (SASA 2014 Airway Workshop)
Transcript of Obstetric Difficult Airway Management (SASA 2014 Airway Workshop)
Difficult Airway Management in Obstetrics
25 years ago - 79% had GA
By 1998 in Leeds: 4 per trainee!
Plea for dedicated training in obstetric tracheal intubation
Difficult intubation incidence 1:100-250
3 recent papers quote similar rate as for general population
What is our experience?
How do we avoid it?
Unfailingly assess every airway!
Routine Airway Mx
risk of reflux
Assess, Prep, Position, PreOx
RSI vs Graded Induction
Effective mouth opening
Preload introducer in ETT
Sux vs Roc?
Approach to intubation in eclampsia
Probably safe to do RA if GCS is normal
If evidence of
Bitten tongue = inhalational technique
Fibreoptic intubation questionable!
2 min TV breathing, or
7 vital capacity breaths, or
EtO2 > 0.9