Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of STARBUCKS ERP
-American global coffee company and coffeehouse chain
-Started in Seattle in 1971
-Grown to the largest coffeehouse in the world
-20,891 stores in 62 countries
Operations and Supply Chain
-The operation system is very complex
-70,000 outbound deliveries per week
-Worldwide distribution channels and outlets
-6 Roasting Centres worldwide
-Beans must be prepared, manufactured and packaged
in the same way and quickly
1. Recognized $500 million savings in the 2 years after the implementation
3. Better forecasting Results
4. Reduces operating and supply chain costs
5. Enhanced ease-of-use for entire organization
-Ensure each software system is fully integrated
-Maintain a healthy and collective relationship with vendors
-Increase communication on a timely and periodic basis
What is ERP?
“…framework for organizing, defining, and standardizing the business processes necessary to effectively plan and control an organization so the organization can use its internal knowledge to seek external advantage.”
Change in Operations after ERP
- Successful expansion into Australia
Problems that led to implementation
Over half of
-Increased time and Cost when expanding or new implementation
-Due to "Best of Breed" implementation: different software operating within the ERP system, possible risk of one not effectively becoming integrated with the main system
-Risk involved if problem with pre-existing vendor- relationship is ruined
-Process of re-picking, retraining, and implementing the new software
The Need For ERP
The Secret of Starbucks...ERP
Marc Bazerghi - 250579892
Cameron Cooke - 250634399
Hui Li - 250647876
ERP In Today's Business World
- Great tool for large, globalized organizations
- Still very useful for small to medium size companies
- Over 50 different ERP systems on the market!
Needed to address inefficiencies in
Supply Chain Management in order
to make expansion possible
2 Main Issues with Supply Chain:
- "Boost in productivity and morale"
- Aram Dayeian
- Fixed supply chain issues across all operations
- Facilitated growth of overall company over 10 year period
The coolest thing in our findings/presentation
"There's a lot of confidence that
we now are focused on service
and quality to provide what our
stores need and what our other
business customers need."
-Gibbons (Global VP Operations)