Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Boy of the Painted Cave
Transcript of Boy of the Painted Cave
Listen to the Chapters
Boy of the Painted Cave
Before we begin:
1.) What are you good at?
2. How do you fell when you are doing the thing you are good at?
3. How would you feel if people wouldn't let you do the thing your're good at?
Chapter 1: Name 2 problems or conflicts presented in Chapter 1. Predict the resolution of each.
1. Why wasn't the wolf eating?
2. Tao entered the slough (marsh.) Why was this a good idea? Why might this be a bad idea.
1. What do Tao and Ram learn to do together?
2. What decision does Tao tell Volt?
List 3 qualities that describe Tao's mother. Tao tells Kala that he has made a decision about his life. What is it?
1. Graybeard realizes that Tao has broken two taboos of his clan. What are they?
2. Which taboo doesn't he know about yet?
1. What does Graybeard tell Tao about Volt?
2. Why does Graybeard cover up Tao's cave paintings?
3. What is he afraid will happen to Tao?
1. What does Graybeard tell Tao about cave painting?
2. Why does he tell Tao he can never be a cave painter?
Why do you think Graybeard changed his mind?
1. What are the "mountains-that walk"?
2. What almsot happened to Tao?
1. Do you think Graybeard is a good teacher? Why?
2. Would you like to have been taught a skill by him? Why
1. Name some of the ingredients used to make paint.
2. Why is Tao afaid at the end of the chapter?
1. Even if Ram had succeeded in hunting the deer, do you think it was a good idea of Tao's to "show off" his dog's ability to hunt? Explain
2. Predict what will happen next.
1. Why does Tao cross the river?
2. What decision does Graybeard reach?
1. What problem does Tao have by the end of this chapter?
1. What did you think of this book?
1. Which 2 animals does Tao try to draw?
2. Which animal is easier for him and why?
1. What do you think has happened to Graybeard? What do you think will happen to Tao.
1. Were you surprised to learn who Tao's father was? Why?