Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Hypercholesterolemia
Stephanie Thompson What is it?
excessive amounts of choesterol in the blood
can lead to buildup in arteries
not a disease, but can be caused by diseases and may lead to diseases
diets high in fatty cholesterol
lack of exercise
specific medications such as statins, niacin, bile acid sequestrants, cholesterol absorption inhibitors, and fibric acid derivatives
Excess cholesterol in the bloodstream is deposited on artery walls
Causes narrowing and blockage of arteries
May develop into:
periphereal artery disease
Coronary artery disease
Atherosclerosis No symptoms so you ma not know you have it.
Can be detected by regular blood screening tests.