Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is Geomorphology
Transcript of What is Geomorphology
is structure key?
Historic views of
W.M. Davis' geographical cycle
Gilbert (1877), Hack (1960)
uplift and denudation occur at the same time and govern slope geometry
it's more complicated
What is stability? How does it relate to equilibrium?
Consider: Are landforms stable systems?
scale is important
the study of landforms...
...and the processes that affect them
why should we study
to understand how the landscape came to be
to predict and prepare for future change
to harness resources to improve the human condition
what does climate have to do with geomorphology?
URL for video is www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ijoXMcS1XI
so are feedback and thresholds
Landslide in Dalhousie, India
Black Rapids Glacier, Alaska