Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Σπλαγχνίζομαι
More than a Metaphor
Σπλαγχνίζομαι - the Greek word that refers to the physical and emotional reaction that one normal human being has when they witness another human being’s pain or suffering.
1. Σπλαγχνίζομαι is the immediate physiological response of a normally empathetic and compassionate human being to the suffering of another human being; queasiness.
2. Σπλαγχνίζομαι is the response of the incarnate Son of God by His entire human nature – physiological, emotional, intellectual, empathic, spiritual – to the totality of the human condition and experience.
3. By extension, Σπλαγχνίζομαι is the effect of the sufferings of others upon Christian caregivers, to the degree that the compassion and empathy of these caregivers mirror that of Jesus Himself.
POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER
SECONDARY TRAUMATIC STRESS
EMPATHY & DEVELOPMENT