Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Project #3
Word and Expressions
Analyzing the words and phrases that have been transmitted from generation to generation in the Lemonese Creole Dialect and their use in context.
Words and Expressions
Wen yu smahl
Dier did rof
List of words and expressions
Mark the words and expression they know
The use in context
The language in terms of vocabulary
Possible changes in words and expression
Reasons for the changes
Why do you considered these words have been replaced?
They have been replaced with the correct English language.
Because they are many people that rather prefer to speak the correct English language.
Some words have been changing because the influence of the others cultures.
Funeral: Paty, Plantain tort, Mondongo soup, beverage (surrel).
Birthday: Paty, Plantain tort, rice and beans, rondon, sorrel.
Weddings: Rice and beans, Paty, Planton.
The words and expressions transmitted from generation to generation in the Limonese Creole have been less frequent used by younger speakers.