Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Programmatic Sales Training
Transcript of Programmatic Sales Training
• Digital advertising used to be purchased and sold 100% manually
• Other markets that have been automated:
Our jobs are going away!
Programmatic and RTB
It’s all about Automation
Increase in efficiency
Programmatic Sales Training
By Michael Persaud
Relationships matter now more than ever
Real Time Bidding
Machines are taking over!
Automated ad buying is bad for CPMS!
This is the end of publishing/the world!
Programmatic = Efficiency
How does it work?
Who are the players?
Supply Side Platforms (SSP):
A platform that automates media selling across multiple demand partners. An SSP platform also enables publishers to manage their ad impression inventory and maximize yield. (Publishers use)
Agency Trading Desks (ATDs):
Trading Desk managed by an Agency. The practice of an agency operating a DSP and buying media on behalf of agency clients via programmatic pipes.
Demand Side Platform (DSP):
A platform that automates media buying across multiple sources using various targeting including 1st & 3rd Party Data. (Agencies/advertisers use)
Advertisers run campaigns across the internet.
Not particular interested in one single publisher, rather chasing cookies across the web.
Private Market Place (PMP)
PMP deals are similar to direct deals it's brought to us from Advertiser/Agencies. This time the advertiser/agency wants to specially run on our properties.
• Private Marketplace (PMP): PMP is very similar to a direct deal, just using the programmatic pipes. Follows the standard sales process, a publisher (sales rep) reaches out to an advertiser/agency and pitches our inventory, only difference is there is no IO. PMP deals use a “Deal ID”.
• A Deal ID is a unique identifier that encompasses all elements of a per-negotiated exchange-based transaction or deal. It could be for a specific short/long-term campaign with attributes such as ad placements, website, price and impressions, all included under a single parameter which is passed as part of the bidding process.
Team is here to help!
Create Deal IDs
Assist with Sales calls
What am I supposed to do with this?
How to bring it up?
What’s my pitch?
What do I need to make this happen?
Desired Ad units/Site(s)/Flights
Programmatic is not a reduction of staff, it's a reduction of tasks.
Percentage of Revenue
Why This Matters to You
PMP will help you hit your goal!
For accounts exceeding
$25,000 per half,
you get paid!
REAL WORLD SOLUTIONS
Ask This Question! Are you setting up PMP deals for this campaign/advertiser?
Wenner Media has PMP solutions to meet this client's objectives. The Private Marketplace offers transparency and premium inventory that is not available in the open. Let me introduce you to my programmatic team.
We only offer remnant inventory in the open marketplace. If you're interested in learning more about our programmatic capabilities, I'm happy to introduce you to our programmatic team.
RULE OF THUMB:
Use your skills as a seller to do what you do best.
Find out the client's end goal.
REAL WORLD SCENARIO
An advertiser tells you they are doing TONS of programmatic!!!!
WHAT DO YOU DO?
Agency Trading Desks
Xaxis/ At Agency Level
At Agency Level
- Programmatic buying arms of each major agency
- Each major agency has a different structure
- It's important to keep this in mind when hunting down who controls the digital dollars and PMP purchasing.
An ATD Who's Who