Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Pharmacist Fun Facts
Transcript of Pharmacist Fun Facts
Coca Cola was originally a cough syrup made by a Pharmasist in the 1800s.
In the 1800s, there was no license requirements to become a pharmacist.
Once the U.S. government standarized the pharmacy industry, some pharmacists, depending on the state, became more powerful than physicians, making them some of the most powerful people in society at that time.
Last year, the pharmaceutical industry grossed $85 billion around the world.
The earliest recordings of pharmacuetical documentation were found in Egypt. The records had information on 800 prescriptions mentioning 700 medications. The records were 3,500 years old, which places them at around 1500 BC. The records are named "Papyrus Ebers".
The first hospital pharmacy began operations in 1752 at the first Colonial United Sates hospital that was established in 1751 in Pennsylvania.