Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 110513Seminar
in Chemistry 1934
- Graphite, Light water, Heavy water
: Do NOT require enriched uranium
(Light water must use enriched uranium)
Nuclear reactor overheating
Harold C. Urey
Chemist at Columbia University.
"Discovery of isotope of Hydrogen"
In late 1931
Mass spectrometer could NOT find.
2. Triple point
Concentrated Deuterium at H triple point
Chemical, physical atomic weight scale Study of H
Isotope of H might be PRESENT!
Separation of the isotope ( Lab scale)
Industrial scale(2H, 10B, 235U)
World War II
Pure deuterium oxide
Deuterium oxide Electrolyzer
The most outstanding discoveries
Dec. 1931 ~ Dec. 1934
Just 3 years
over 200 papers
Biology, Chemistry, Physics
Indicator (metabolic processes)
Nuclear fusion(with tritium)
Thank you for your kind attention
"for his discovery of heavy hydrogen".