Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Science Chapter 8
Transcript of Science Chapter 8
Lesson 1 Salts have high melting points, are hard and brittle, and conduct electricity when dissolved
Salts are made when a metal and a nonmetal combine, or when strong acids react with strong bases.
The acidity solution is measured using the pH scale. What we Learned This Lesson
Lesson 3 Science Chapter
8 We learned that ...
In chemical reactions atoms rearrange to form new substances.
The most reactive metals are the alkali metals, and the most reactive nonmetals are the halogens.
The signs of a chemical change include formation of a precipitate or a gas, the release of energy, and a color change. Changes in Matter What We Learned In This Lesson
Lesson 2 We learned that...
Metals have a broad range of useful properties.
Pure metals are generally soft, malleable, and ductile
Corrosion turns metals into compounds. Metal mixtures are alloys. We learned... 1 2 3