Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
8/22 Preread and Textbook Notes 12-16
Transcript of 8/22 Preread and Textbook Notes 12-16
10.1.1 Judeo- Christian and
2. Greco-Roman Philosophy
Definition: the investigation of the truths and principles of being
Example: The use of __________ is part of the Greco-Roman philosophy.
WARM UP p. 16
1. What is democracy?
2. What makes our country democratic?
3. Direct Democracy
Definition:pure democracy: people decide policy initiatives directly, as opposed to a representative
Example: The __________ used a form of Direct Democracy.
Definition: power lies in the vote of the representatives chosen by the people
Example: The ____________________ Republic was one of the first forms of a representative government.
Comparing Sparta and Athens
1. Democracy means...
2. The purpose of the government is to...
3. __________________ had one of the earliest forms of democracy.
4. The voting population was...
5. Rome was a...
What do you know about Sparta?
Where would you have rather lived Sparta, Athens, or Rome?
Explain your answer.
What do you know about Athens?
Preread pages 12-17
1. Define the terms on the top of p. 12
2. P. 13 Write down 3 of the 10 commandments that are U.S. laws.
3. P. 16 How did ideas spread?
4. P. 17 What was the effect of the peasant revolt?
Definition: a government for the people and by the people
Example: During the 1700s and 1800s democratic governments will replace _________________.
Is the US a republic?
How is our democracy different from Athenian Democracy?
Warm Up p. 17