Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
BTEC Extended Diploma in Sports Development, Coaching & Fitn
Transcript of BTEC Extended Diploma in Sports Development, Coaching & Fitn
The BTEC Extended Diploma is designed to give a specialist, work-related qualification.
It gives learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare them for employment.
This presentation will cover – tutor profiles, overview of units, timetable, examples of standard of work & progression opportunities
(x 10 units):
- Principles of A+P (5 credits)
- Physiology of Fitness (5 credits)
- Assessing risk in Sport
- Fitness Training & Programming
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Development
- Fitness Testing
- Practical Individual Sport
- Current Issues in Sport
- Exercise, Health & Lifestyle
- 9 units
- Practical Team Sport
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Sports Injuries
- Exercise for Specific Groups
- Sport & Exercise Massage
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Sports Nutrition
- Work Experience
- Outdoor Adventurous Activities
- Each of the units are assessed in different ways. On average there are three assignments per unit.
- The grading for assessment goes – PASS, MERIT, DISTINCTION
- Assessment methods include – multiple choice exams, essays, video evidence, lab reports, academic models & posters, practical projects
- All criteria must be achieved to complete the unit e.g. All pass criteria for a PASS; all pass and merit criteria for a MERIT
Further Education Opportunities include:
- Progression onto Foundation Degree @ Lakes College
Application to universities via UCAS
- Example degrees include:
Sports Studies, Sports Science, Sports Development & Coaching, Sports Event Management, Sports & Exercise Therapy
Career Opportunities & Progression
UCAS Points – to get into a ‘good’ university, one of the higher reputation unis’ you should aim for at least 240 UCAS points
The Extended Diploma will allow you to gain the following UCAS points
What qualities do you feel are important for a Level 3 student to progress and achieve????
Welcome to Lakes College
BTEC Extended Diploma in Sports Development, Coaching & Fitness
Teaching at Lakes College for 6 years
BSc (Hons) Applied Sports & Exercise Science
Applied Sports Massage Therapy
MSc Sports Therapy
Company Director DA HUman Mechanics
Sports Therapist for RFL, Barrow AFC
Teaching at Lakes College for 7 years
15 years in professional football
Ex Manager of Workington Reds AFC
Manager of Barrow AFC
Teaching at Lakes College for 1 year
BSc (Hons) Sports Studies
Ex Lakes College student
BTEC Grade UCAS points
What's your next step? Uni, jobs?
What courses and jobs would you like to do? (whiteboards)
Oneils Website : Student clothing
What do you expect from us?
What should we expect from you?
GCSE Maths and English Results please....
Link to FS and GCSE (Fri)