Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Global Health Coalition
Transcript of The Global Health Coalition
Interest in global health
"a more than doubling of the numbers of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students in just three years, from 2006 to 2009, in 37 North American universities" -CUGH, 2009
We organize into groups...
We seek first-hand experience...
Despite disjointed efforts and miscommunication...
...but collaboration is marred by number and competition.
...but overlook ethics
and critical reflection.
...our visions remain rooted in global health equity.
Wait a second, our problems...
2. Lack of critical reflection
3. Disjointed efforts and miscommunication
Because our own world leaders...
...face similar problems.
So what do we make of this microcosm?
We believe in the conception of a community...
A community of...
Global Health Coalition
...were students once, too.
A community in a position to...
encourage collaboration, best practice sharing, and reflection
...that acts more like a family and less like an institution...
...and acknowledges the potential for leadership development.
Our mission is to encourage collaboration, best practice sharing, and critical reflection amongst student leaders and their organizations for the progressive realization of growth.
Our vision is to see Millennial leaders acquire the tools necessary to outgrow the problems that plague current aid efforts, while fostering a more cohesive movement toward justice & health equity.