Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
GRAMATICAL AND STRUCTURAL SYLLABUS
Transcript of GRAMATICAL AND STRUCTURAL SYLLABUS
According to Nunan, 1988, the grammatical syllabus has been defined as one which consists of a list of grammatical items selected and graded in terms of simplicity and complexity.
To master language rules
To learn adequate vocabulary
GRAMMATICAL AND STRUCTURAL SYLLABUS
1. Language is a set of grammatical rules.
2. The syllabus input is selected and graded according to grammatical notions of simplicity and complexity.
3. It is easier for a student to learn a language.
Entrance of modern languages in the curriculum of European schools.
18th and 19th century
According to Wilkins, 1976, a synthetic language teaching strategy is one in which the different parts of language are taught separately and step-by-step so that acquisition is a process of gradual accumulation of the parts until the whole structure of the language has been built up.
Combination of both
Simplicity and centrality
Michael H.Long and Graham Crookes
What a syllabus is?
RICHARDS, Jack and RODGERS, Theodore. (1986). Approaches and methods in language teaching. Cambridge: Cambridge university press.
RICHARDS, Jack. (2001). Curriculum development in language teaching.cambridge: Cambridge university press.
Nunan, David.(1988). Syllabus design. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Sasan Baleghizadeh, (2012, 28 enero). Grammatical Syllabus and EFL Textbooks: the Need for Consciousness-raising Activities. Per Linguam. páginas 111-116 .
Previous and current methods