Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of HIV/AIDS HCPSS
How does a person get HIV?
The KEYS to Prevention...
A virus in humans that attacks the immune system.
HIV leading to AIDS
4 Fluids HIV can be passed through:
Is there a cure for HIV/AIDS?
No, right now there is no cure.
Are there treatments to prevent HIV/AIDS from getting worse?
Yes, there are medicines to slow the growth of the virus.
Do these medicines
No, they are not a cure. However, they may allow someone to live much longer.
Use "universal precautions"
*Treat all blood as if it had HIV
* Don't touch anyone else's bodily fluids
Avoid Sexual Contact with another person
Don't use drugs!
Check out this video...
* Vaginal Fluids
* Breast Milk
HIV has 3 stages:
1. Stage 1 - Immediate Infection - someone gets the HIV virus in their body. May have Flu-like symptoms.
2. Long term infection - HIV is in the body and slowly attacking the immune system. Usually no symptoms. If they don't get treatment they will get AIDS in about 10-12 years.
3. Final stage (AIDS) - now a person's immune system is SO weak that they can't fight off germs. Without treatment they will survive on average 3 years.