Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of HIV/AIDS HCPSS
How does a person get HIV?
The KEYS to Prevention...
A virus in humans that attacks the immune system.
HIV leading to AIDS
4 Fluids HIV can be passed through:
Is there a cure for HIV/AIDS?
No, right now there is no cure.
Are there treatments to prevent HIV/AIDS from getting worse?
Yes, there are medicines to slow the growth of the virus.
Do these medicines
No, they are not a cure. However, they may allow someone to live much longer.
Use "universal precautions"
*Treat all blood as if it had HIV
* Don't touch anyone else's bodily fluids
Avoid Sexual Contact with another person
Don't use drugs!
Check out this video...
* Vaginal Fluids
* Breast Milk
HIV has 3 stages:
1. Stage 1 - Immediate Infection - someone gets the HIV virus in their body. May have Flu-like symptoms.
2. Long term infection - HIV is in the body and slowly attacking the immune system. Usually no symptoms. If they don't get treatment they will get AIDS in about 10-12 years.
3. Final stage (AIDS) - now a person's immune system is SO weak that they can't fight off germs. Without treatment they will survive on average 3 years.