Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Delivering culturally-adapted ACT in Sierra Leone
Transcript of Delivering culturally-adapted ACT in Sierra Leone
Hannah Bockarie, Beate Ebert, Ross White
In pairs: Talk about what the weather was like without using your first language
1. Create a context
2. Connect with
What 's your vision? Your values?
3. Do not presume to know causes
4. Explore local expressions of distress
5. Consider impact on individuals
6. Be sensitive to local values & metaphors
7. Empower local communities
8. Evaluate effectiveness
9. Be pragmatic
What local expressions do you use for distress?
Key parameters for evaluating the degree of culturally sensitivity of a treatment programme - DSM-V (see: Hinton et al., 2014)