Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Northern Ireland
Time zone is 0- one hour behind Sweden.
1,8 million inhabitants in Northern Ireland
Belfast is the capital of Northern Ireland and has 280,000 inhabitants. It is the biggest city in Northern Ireland.
is the biggest city after Belfast and have 83,000 inhabitants.
is the third biggest city and have 76,000 inhabitants.
is the fourth biggest city and have 66,000 inhabitants.
with 65,000 inhabitants.
Boggin', Mingin', Mankin'
- Messy and horrible.
Tee, Te & Till
- Different ways of saying 'To', depending on which area of N.I. you come from.
Class, Cracker, Grand, Stickin' out, MagicSmashing, Brilliant
- Just a few more ways to say something's great.
a, Ta-ta, Cheers, Thankin' you
- Are a few ways to say thanks.
- Local pronunciation of the word idiot.
- Another word for food
- Extreamly drunk
- A friend
- Anoying stupid person
Form of government
Protestants and Catholics
Most religion part of U.K
Typical words and expressions
What about ye?
What's up, How are you?
Catch yourself on!
Great. Perfect, Really nice. (Often used to describe people.)
Are you gettin'?
Have you been helped / served?
One night stand.
In N.I. it can mean anything from a kiss, to going all the way.
Prevent civil war
British parliament- share the island
Parliamentary elections- protestants won
Sing and dance
fish and chips
"Bangers and Mash"
Under British rule
Protestant majority- wish to be a part of U.K
Irish army opposed- terror broke out
The conflict slowed down 1940
Still two states
Became self-rule after 1998
About 3600 people died
Northern Ireland - strongly victorious province
Catholics and protestants - apart
hard but necessary task
Devided into two blocks
One union genomic and one nationalist
Three seats in the European Parliament
Defense and Foreign Policy
12 school years
"sixth form college"