Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of janmar coatings
Kelly Hoogeveen, Gracie Barstad, Cathryn Kitchka, Brooke Staffeld
President, Ronald Burns needs to determine how to deploy corporate marketing efforts among the various architectural paint coatings markets in SW U.S
As a maturing industry. in 2004 the U.S. paint coatings industry sales were approximately $16 billion.
Our major competitors are:
Glidden Unit of Imperial Chemicals
Pratt & Lambert
Our determination will be based on profitability potential and whether the option is congruent with our business.
Key strategic issues that need to be addressed:
• Should Janmar increase advertising?
• Should Janmar cut prices?
• Should Janmar increase their sales force?
• Should Janmar do nothing?
Specialty paint stores, lumberyards, and independent hardware stores.
United States (Southwest concentration)
Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM)
Special Purpose Coatings
Advertising and Promotion
Point of Purchase Displays
Figure C: Architectural Sales
% of $ Sales
Figure D: Types of Architectural Sales
% of Sales
Lacquers & other applications
Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico & Louisiana
11 County DFW (Dallas Fort Worth) Metropolitan Area
Specialty Paint Stores
Independent Hardware Stores
We recommend that Janmar hire one new sales representative to focus on reaching new accounts outside the DFW metropolitan area.
According to the VP of sales,
“We have added only five new accounts in the last five years; over account penetration in non-DFW areas is only 16%.”