Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
10 ENG First Day of Class - Rules & Routines
Transcript of 10 ENG First Day of Class - Rules & Routines
2) Bring to every lesson: your book, a display folder for task sheets, your diary, pencilcase, USB, headphones and any text we are working with.
3) Create title pages for each new unit, and set out your pages with a margin, title, date, underlined heading and rule off after each section of work.
1) Label your book with your name and subject.
Matrix Partners preso!
Harvard Business Review
How to lower the cost of enterprise sales?
to Year 10 English
About Ms Taylor
Before I became a teacher
BRISBANE but I grew up on the Gold Coast and before that, New Zealand. This is my 4th year in Townsville.
What are they?
BE SUBJECT - SPECIFIC!
Permission to speak?
help the classroom run smoothly,
Ignatius Park College
Attn: Ms Taylor
258 Ross River Ro
Cranbrook QLD 4817
123 Ross River Road
What will it say?
Your report card
It's up to YOU!
ASK a question? Raise your hand.
ANSWER a question? Random response generator. I will ask if you have something to add afterwards - be patient.
Leave it on your desk, put it in the bin at the end of the lesson. Do not leave your seat without permission.
Is intelligence a fixed trait?
Being a mum, reading, road trips, BBQs with friends, spending time with my family, the beach, music, cooking, binge watching TV shows in the holidays and Lindt chocolate.
I worked at a hair salon, a fish and chip shop, the deli at Woolies, a bar in Surfers Paradise, I was a real estate agent, a travel agent, a kiwifruit picker, a mail sorter, a childcare worker and a disability support worker and I had some office jobs too. Being a teacher is the most challenging and rewarding job I've ever had.
The year of consistency.
Commit to learning
Your brain is a muscle that will GROW with EXERCISE!
Aitkenvale QLD 4814
3 - 2 - 1 - 0
Zero = mouths closed, pens down, eyes on me.
Given most lessons
Must be recorded in your diary
Must be completed to a satisfactory standard
If no homework is set, revise the day’s work, read, do language activities, learn spelling, work on assessment
Line up in two straight lines. Have your equipment ready including books, pencil case and student diary.
One line at a time will come inside, at your teacher's signal. Walk in silently, put your equipment on your desk and stand behind your chair until you are asked to be seated.
Consequences can be negative AND positive!
All school rules are in place in our classroom.
to break the rules, there are
Buddy class/Temporary removal
Phone call home
Conference with your Pastoral Leader
Conference with your HOD
Conference with a deputy
Your learning will suffer
Notes and calls home
Proficiency scales are ways for me to check if we are meeting our learning goals.
They help me to be a better teacher and they help you to understand more about your learning, making YOU a better student.
4) Glue or staple in your worksheets, and keep your work neat and organised.
Talk to your teacher or a friend about what you've missed.
It is your responsibility to make up any missed work!
"All who have meditated on the art of governing [hu]mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth"
Knock politely at the door and wait for me to talk to you. Have your reasonable excuse prepared or expect a detention!
Late to class?
Write your homework/lesson focus in your diary.
Stand quietly behind your chair when directed.
Check your area for rubbish and place in bin when leaving.
Push in your chair and straighten table.
Exit when directed
Looks like, Sounds like
(just so we're clear!)
DUE NEXT LESSON:
- Write me a letter to introduce yourself. Include:
- any commitments (church, family, sport)
- your GOALS for this subject
One word to describe how you feel about this class so far.
Add any questions you have.
Park your Post-It on the board!
Find Someone Who game
1. Understand classroom rules and procedures; and
2. Be able to explain what is expected of you in this subject
3 minute Frayer Model
Subject Specific Information
Diary in top right corner of desk!
You will need to use both class time and home time to be successful
Drafts must be completed and submitted on the assigned date.
Assessment must be submitted on the due date. This includes the task sheet, drafts/planners and hard copy.
A Call to Arms: Inspiration and Exhortation
Romeo & Juliet
Spoken & written
Creative & analytical
A Call to Arms: Inspiration and Exhortation
This term, you will complete one piece of assessment. You can choose between either:
A film review
A feature article
This task will be completed over three lessons, beginning on March 14th.
Your teacher will:
Correct some language errors
Give you suggestions on areas to improve
Note any significant concerns
All teachers cross-mark for consistency in awarding grades. However, if you have a grievance:
1. Discuss the mark with your teacher and clarify your understanding.
2. See the HOD of English – Mrs Tarttelin and ask for the piece to be re-marked.
3. If you are still unhappy, see Deputy Principal – Studies, Mr Stewart.
Be aware of the following very important policies:
Plagiarism Policy (Diary)
Variation to Assessment
This must be completed for every extension.
- Tilt screen and push away when asked
- Not for every lesson
- I prefer paper drafts!
- AB Tutor