Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Canterbury Tales: The Oxford Cleric
Transcript of The Canterbury Tales: The Oxford Cleric
Not too Fat
Wears thin, short, upper coat- isn't rich
Has a hollow look and Sober Stare- he was very thin and had a moderate diet. Intelligent The Oxford Cleric
Personality Traits The Clerics Tale The Cleric's tale teaches people to stay patient, calm, and faithful no matter how difficult the situation. The Cleric's Tale -Spends his time learning Aristotle's philosophy. However hasn't found the stone for gold. High ranked in Character -The Cleric does not say much, however when he does speak , his speech has a moral Respectful to the Extreme The Cleric tells a tale he once learned from a worthy scholar Cleric tells a tale of an Italian noble man, Walter, who did not want to marry He married Griselda, a lower class women. After she became Queen, Walter tested her loyalty. 1. He told Griselda that their first daughter died.
2. He Told Griselda their second child, a boy, died
3. Walter demanded a divorce from Griselda to his new fiancé. Griselda passed all 3 test. She remained patient and faithful. The tale is in response to the Wife Of Baths who said: "it is an impossibility that any clerk will speak good of women..." Although the Clerk is quiet, he focus's on what others say revealing he is thoughtful and wise. Similar to the lawyer, however he does not strive for wealth. Cast
"The Canterbury Tales" The Oxford Cleric........................Andrew Garfield Andrew Garfield: Always seen studying
replies with intelligent answers
is British Not a member of the church