Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
(10) Indo-European Migrations
Transcript of (10) Indo-European Migrations
Why were physical geography and location important to the development of Indian civilization?
What impact did the Aryans have on India?
Why was the caste system central to Indian culture?
What were the accomplishments of the Mauryan and Gupta empires?
were a group of seminomadic peoples. The Indo-Europeans also tamed horses and rode into battle in light, two-wheeled chariots. They lived in tribes that spoke forms of a language that we call Indo-European.
are dry grasslands
How did they get there?
The Aryans (who were also Indo-Europeans) who spoke an early form of Sanskrit, penetrated the mountain passes of the Hindu Kush and entered India
were Indo-Europeans who occupied Anatolia , also called Asia Minor. Anatolia is a huge peninsula in what is now modern-day Turkey.
Critical Thinking Questions
What are your reactions to the caste system?
What are your reactions to the video?
How can you compare this to another point in history or to another civilization?
from the Aryans
The Aryans left almost no archeological records other than the Vedas- their holy book- which left an idea of Aryan life
Aryans or "the nobles" who were lighter and taller in color
took over the
Indian people who had darker skin color
and referred to them as
(which would soon mean slave).
The Aryans soon created a
rigid social hierarchy
caste system- Indian social class system in which people are broken up into groups or social classes- these classes were based on birth
Mini Quiz - Indo-European
1. The Aryans spoke which language?
2. A dry grassland is known as a
3. The Hittites occupied Anatolia which is located in modern-day
4. Who were the first in Southwest Asia to smelt iron?
5. The sacred literature of the Aryans was known as the
6. People were placed in their caste or group in the social pyramid based on
Go to Google Classroom for Caste System Worksheet