Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Kabbalah
Transcript of Copy of Kabbalah
Kabbalah is connected to red strings and holy water
Kabbalah is reserved for a minority of persons
Kabbalah deals with "magic"
Kabbalah is a sect The word Kabbalah means "to receive"
Kabbalah wisdom suggests that reality consist only of two main forces
1. the desire to receive
2. the desire to bestow
Kabbalah seeks to explain the relationship between the Ein Sof and the mortal and finite universe Defining Kabbalah there is an upper, all-inclusive force, or Creator, that controls everything
all of the forces in the world descend from this overarching force
some of these forces are familiar ones like gravity and electricity
other higher order forces act on our lives yet are hidden to us This wisdom is no more and no less than a sequence of roots, which hang down by way of cause and effect, in fixed, determined rules, interweaving to a single, exalted goal described as, “the revelation of His Godliness to His creatures in this world.” Ashlag, Y "The Essence of the Wisdom of Kabbalah" Kabbalah teachings are recorded in iconic texts including; Teachings "Sefer Yetzira", or "The Book of Creation"
the works of Ari
the works of Yehulda Ashlag Kabbalah is a "research tool". The ultimate aim of these texts is for followers to discover the creator while still alive in this world. Rabbi Yehulda Ashlag 1. desire for food, sex, health and family
2. desire for wealth
3. desire for honour and power
4. desire for knowledge
5. desire for spirituality Stages of Desire Written in the 2nd century by Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai, it was believed that the Zohar's contents would be misunderstood therefore was hid for 900 years The Zohar A collection of commentaries on the Torah to guide people who have already achieved high spirituality in their souls The highest level of spirituality is “the end of correction” There are multiple opinions as to the date of Kabbalah's beginnings. Origins In the modern world a new age pop-psychology version of Kabbalah has been popularised particularly by celebrity followers. This version of Kabbalah is often reffered to as "crap-ballah" Kabbalah's Survival as a Belief System The promotion of Kabbalah has changed as time has. A main source of this promotion is through the Bnei Baruch program which, as well as using a popular website, publishes books and papers. As mentioned earlier, unlike common belief Kabbalah is not reserved for a certain minority of people. In addition to this Kabbalah a belief system rather than a religion, which means it is open to a wider audience as opposed to people of a particular religion. Kabbalah does not present a set of beliefs but provides the means for an individual to discover their "inner world" and "unlimited potential". Therefore once again cementing its status as a widely approachable belief system.