Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Manga
in comic books Mangas are read by all ages. History Roots in the US Occupation of Japan (1945-1952) Influenced by US Culture 1969 -- Year 24 group/Magnificent 24's make their mark Manga Demographics Kodomo -- Children
Shonen -- Young Men (under 18)
Shojo -- young women (under 18)
Seinen -- Men (over 18)
Josei -- Women (over 18) Shonen Manga -- characterized by high action, humourous plots featuring male protagonists Camraderie emphasized Attractive women with exaggerated features common. Examples:
Death Note Shoujo -- romance is a common theme Men are portrayed as "pretty," attractive Conventions -- more "flowery" artwork, boys/men who fit a "type" Activity From the examples I will be giving you, identify in your journals why you think this particular story is either a shonen or shoujo story, and why.
1) How are the woman portrayed? How are the men portrayed?
2) Is it comedy? Drama? Both?
3) Is there anything in the artistic style that leads you to this conclusion?