Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Espana
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Vol XCIII, No. 311
The Kingdom of Spain
In the News
Pop Culture in Spain
An Interview With Maria Luisa Humanes
Population: 46.7 Million
Languages: Spanish (Castilian),
Catalan (Valencian), Gallego (Galician),
"My impression is that the students in Spain are very pessimistic about their future particularly by the economic crisis."
1492 - end of 800 years of Muslim rule
19th Century - political & economic problems
1931 - Republic declared
1975 - Move to Democracy - Franco death
*SPAIN = Parliamentary Monarchy*
Problems - ETA, Economic Crisis
Unemployment: 25% (Young Adults - 52.9%)
High political parallelism
High state intervention
Over 100 dailies in circulation
4 Major Media Companies
death of Franco
El Pais (Socialist background)
El Mundo (Right-wing)
La Vanguardia (1881) Balanced
Spain proposes new law
State of the Press
What is the current state of journalism in Spain?
- A precarious employment status because the economic crisis. 5.500 journalists have lost their job.
- Low credibility levels by the citizens.
- High political parallelism and politicization, especially in the press.
How do your students view their chosen career field, and are they optimistic about the future of the profession?
Search engines to pay for content
What are your thoughts on
the future of journalism in Spain?
Roman Catholic & Muslim Moor
PM Mariano Rajoy
King Juan Carlos