Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Chapter 3 Lesson 1 Energy Flow in Ecosystems
Transcript of Chapter 3 Lesson 1 Energy Flow in Ecosystems
A cheetah chasing prey can run 70 mph. That takes a lot of energy! How do organisms depend on one another for energy?
ecosystems include all living and non living things in an environment.
biotic are living things
abiotic are non living things
What biotic and abiotic factors can you see in this photo?
This fallen log is part of a tiny ecosystem that includes moss, clover, and fungus.
A population includes all members of a single species.
A community includes all the living things in an ecosystem.
A food chain is the path that energy and nutrients follow in an ecosystem.
A food web is a network of food chains that have some links in common.
A predator is an animal that hunts other animals
Prey are organisms that are eaten by other animals.
An energy pyramid is a diagram that shows the amount of energy available at each level of an ecosystem.