Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Evangelism and Spiritual Warfare
Transcript of Evangelism and Spiritual Warfare
Christian Life Program Training
Talk 1: Evangelism and Spiritual Warfare
The Situation in the World Today
A. There are two kingdoms opposed to each other - the kingdom of darkness under Satan and the kingdom of light under Jesus Christ. �
B. Jesus has mounted a rescue operation, an attack against Satan's kingdom. It involves bringing people from darkness to light. �
C. All people are born into this battle for the hearts, minds, and souls of men. More specifically, we in CFC, are in the thick of the fight.�
D. Evangelism is spiritual warfare: Ephesians 6:12.
E. Being combatants, we need weapons and protection. We need means for offense and defense.
Our Spiritual Weapons
Commitment (to Christ' cause).
1. Leading us to lives of righteousness, purity, holiness, 2 Corinthians 6:7
2. We don't need to be saints as yet, but just have a passion for God's righteousness and a hatred of evil.
3. Have purity of motives and desires.
a. Serve for the glory of God, not our own.
b. Guard against the danger of pride.
c. Have humility. Know that without Jesus' victory on the cross, we can't succeed.
4. We will be ineffective if we are not righteous. Matthew 7:3-5.
Ephesians 6:13-18. The armor of God.
It is God's provision alone which will give us adequate protection. Let us consider the points of attack by the devil & how the armor of God can protect us.
Evangelism is spiritual warfare:
Four points to stress:
A. Guard against two extremes (1) that there is no devil and (2) that all negative happenings are attributable to the devil.
B. Remember that Jesus has already won the victory in this fight against Satan. And the God who enlists us in his army also trains, equips & leads us.
C. James 4:7. We have power to rout the devil, but such is premised on our righteousness and submission to God.
D. 2 Timothy 2:3. As good soldiers, we can expect hardships and difficulties. We are to bear them and overcome them.
The Word of God
1. A sword! Ephesians 6:!7b. Hebrews 4:12.
2. In the CLP, we speak God's word (in the talk and follow-up in the discussion group).
God's word has power. 1 Thessalonians 1:5.
1. 1 Corinthians 12 and other passages.
2. Some applications:
a. Wisdom - to answer questions, to lead discussion.
b. Discernment - to know where a person is at.
3. Tongues and praise.
Justice, or Righteousness: Protection Against Evil and Sinful Desires.
1. If Satan does not succeed by lies, he will try bombarding our minds with evil thoughts.
2, Resist these temptations.
Note: Temptations are not sin unless entertained.
Faith: Protection Against Unbelief.
1. Doubts assail us. Fear of failure can cripple our action. The nagging question: Can I do it?
2. We need to have faith in God's promises. Have faith that this is God's work. Hebrews 13:5b-6.
3. We need to realize that we are acting not by our own power but by God's.
1. Both a weapon and protection.
2. For CLP participants, stress daily Scripture readings and recommended books.
1. Pray at every opportunity.
2. Different kinds : �
a. Personal Prayer
b. Group prayer (at various times during the CLP)
c. Intercessory prayer
Truth: Protection Against Lies and Errors.
1. Satan is the father of lies.
2. He will try to make us doubt God's word (You're too sinful to serve.); or falsely accuse us, or malign God's character (God is not a loving God; He does not love you).
3. Rest on the truths of God's love, God's power
Gospel of Peace:
Protection against an easy and cozy life.
1. If Satan cannot disturb us, then he will try to make us as comfortable and cozy as possible, so that we won't disturb him.
2. Beware of living a "carpet slipper Christianity", where�in one journeys to heaven in first class comfort.
Such persons have laid down their arms and are no longer concerned to attack and invade enemy-held territory.
3. We need to get our footgear on, leave the comforts of home, and go out after Satan's captives. Have zeal to propagate the gospel.
Salvation. Protection against:
1. The word used for salvation means both physical as well as spiritual well-being.
2 Satan will try to make you sick; make spouses fight; create misunderstanding in your families; and, may even try to get you killed.
3. But we have God's protection.
4. Before leaving your home, pray. Put on the "crash helmet" of salvation.
When you accepted Jesus as Lord, you signed up for God's army. In this war, there are no non-combatants. Since the time you joined CFC,������������������������������������
You have been in boot camp, being trained for the fight against Satan.
Now we are having a CLP. A major battle is on!
Our Spiritual Weapons
2 Corinthians 10:3-5. We are waging God's battle.
God gives us the following offensive weapons.
Zeal, Single-mindedness of Purpose, Perseverance
1. Live totally for the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:15.
2. Philippians 3:7-8.
Word of God