Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
From Post-Secondary to Meaningful Career
Transcript of From Post-Secondary to Meaningful Career
Mixed Methods Project
For Your Organization
I noticed some BA graduates seemed to attach themselves to the labour market very easily, while others really struggled...
Was there something we could learn from these alumni that we could pass onto current and future students?
What are the variables that influence this transition?
The Research Project
Over 110 sources
Over 50 variables identified
126 completed surveys (90 questions)
What do you think?
One More Level of Analysis
Ties it All Together...
Luck and Happenstance
Also plays a role
Yet different variables rose to the top...
Thompson Rivers University
(SPSS - factor analysis, principle component method, and a multiple linear regression analysis)
7. Luck, happenstance and kairos
"It is like our education is a diving board: through our course work we slowly make our way to the end of the platform, where we are expected to dive or jump into our career... but we don't know how to dive, if we can swim, or if there is even water in the pool?" (TRU Student, 2009)