Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Burke
Division = Guilt
In Search of Consubstantiality
controlled a person
=motivation is more important than what was done
not just describe
of Purging Guilt
3 Types of Identification
1. Common Ground
3. Assumed We
How does Kennedy use identification?
--Common ground: "we" want what's best
How does he purge guilt?
--Victimage: blames other elements of
What ratio drives his story?
--Scene/Act: focus on situation and the acts
within it (his acts, not him as an agent
A story which addresses familiar circumstances with a culturally-accepted narrative.
Kennedy: "The Flawed Samaritan"
A Good Samaritan who was flawed