Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Abnormal Psychology - Treatments
Transcript of Abnormal Psychology - Treatments
"I ... call your attention to the state of the Insane Persons confined within this Commonwealth, in cages." - Dorothea Dix
a. Aims - "know thyself" - bring repressed into the conscious mind. Resolve id-ego-superego conflicts.
b. Methods - use of FREE ASSOCIATION. May encounter patient resistance. Interpret meaning. Is the patient transferring?
c. Time and $
2. HUMANISTIC THERAPIES
a. also uses Insight Therapy but ...
1. present and future
3. take responsiblity
4. promote growth
*Carl Rogers' Client-centered therapy - use of active listening
Belief in unconditional positive regard ... "I'm good enough, I'm
smart enough" etc.
1. Paraphrase 2. Invite clarification 3. Reflect
3. BEHAVIOR THERAPIES
flooding - let it happen
modeling - good teachers?
REBT - Ellis(2004b)
let's take a look ...
4. COGNITIVE THERAPIES
Cognitive distortions - root causes of depression and anxiety
What are some possible examples of this? (see book ...)
5. GROUP & FAMILY THERAPIES