Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Symmetry
What is Symmetry?
"Symmetry is when one shape becomes exactly the same if you flip, turn or slide it."
Examples of Symmetry in Shapes
Lines of Symmetry.
"The 'Line of Symmetry' is the imaginary line where you can fold the image and have both halves match exactly."
Symmetry in Nature
There are two forms of symmetrical items in nature; 'man made and natural'
1. Students go on a symmetry walk: an exploration outside looking for objects that are Symmetrical.
2. Students can draw or take photos of symmetrical objects.
3. Students are to turn and talk, discussing what they found.
4. Collate students findings on a class anchor chart for future referencing.
Symmetry with paint.
Our Symmetry Walk
Types of Symmetry
1. Reflection Symmetry
2. Rotational Symmetry
3. Translation (Slide) Symmetry
Students are to create
own symmetry image.
By Teresa Morgan.
1. Get students to work in pairs at their table.
2. First student is to draw a half of picture. Like Example:
3. Second student is to complete the other half of the image, to practice reflection symmetry.