Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
My better half: The foil of Gilgamesh
Transcript of My better half: The foil of Gilgamesh
"There lay an axe [...] I saw it and was glad. I bent down, DEEPLY DRAWN towards it; I LOVED it like a WOMAN." (p.15) Love him as a woman Enkidu will never forsake him Faithful Comforter Conflict: Man vs Man Gilgamesh's strength was greater Fury dies Enkidu plays a subordinate sexual role Gender roles Male: Gilgamesh Female: Enkidu Initiates and ends sexual activity Sexually aggressive Emotional debt Decision maker Act less readily to sexual desires "The eyes of Enkidu were full of tears and his heart was sick." (p.17) Background of Homosexuality Earliest references
and Egyptian cultures Homosexuality
was not immoral Intrigued
by body The Epic of Gilgames displays Homoerotic content Values Enkidu's values are clear Values his relationship with Gilgamesh