Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Vitamin B2
Inflammation of lining of mouth and tongue
Cracks at corners of mouth
Increase in excretion of B2 from the body
Sources in Diet
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
Causes of Deficiency
Poor vitamin sources in one's daily diet
Conditions that affect absorption in the intestine
Body not able to use the vitamin
Roles in Human Health
Good sources in:
Recommended Daily Allowance:
Infants 0.4—0.6 mg.
Children ages 1—3: 0.8 mg.
Children ages 4—6: 1.0 mg.
Children ages 7—10: 1.4 mg.
Men 1.6 mg.
Women 1.2 mg.
Pregnant 1.5 mg.
Lactating 1.7 mg.
Vitamin-enriched milk products
Certain energy drinks
Signs and Symptoms of B2 Deficiency:
Facilitate sexual reproduction
Cell growth & repair
Development of tissues (to help accelerate healing of injuries)
Human Health cont.