Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Universal Concepts vs. Big Ideas
Transcript of Universal Concepts vs. Big Ideas
They TRANSFER while CONTENT does not.
Big Ideas contain the powerful generalization about the main concept. Universal concepts transcend time and space, and can be applied to endless variety of settings (Ellis) Universal Concepts are also used to increase the complexity of
content within an area of study. When used within a specific
discipline, the use of a theme will allow students to
examine the interrelationships between and among facts, details, rules and concepts. When used across disciplines, a theme will allow students to study the inter-relatedness between areas of study. Can You Think of Two other big ideas from two different academic disciplines that fall under the same Universal Concept of Patterns?? Still Confused?
It's ok, so are we....
What further questions do we have? What more do we want to know?