Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of POLITICS
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
is a means of organizing collective human activity.
POLITICS has been with us ever since human beings first began living and working together.
Today, POLITICS is part and parcel of nearly all human interactions.
If it was not for POLITICS, we would not have a way to express our view points and opinions
- study of politics.
- a social science concerned chiefly with the description and analysis of political and especially governmental institutions and processes.
Approaches to the Study of Political Puzzles
1. Studying Political Behavior
The behavioralist approach to politics means focusing on how individuals act politically and seeking explanations for that behavior within those individuals.
2. Studying Political Structures and Functions
The structural-functional approach focuses on the important political roles established in a society, what functions they perform, and how the carrying out of these roles influences the quality of life.
3. Studying Political Phenomena
The phenomenoligical approach begins with an interest in change. It seeks the causes of a significant change in a political system.
4. Studying Political Ideas
The philosophical approach to the study of politics focuses on the meanings of political life.
5. Studying Political Documents
The art and practice of reading political documents, from constitutions to campaign speeches, is one of the oldest forms of political science.
6. Studying the Political Future
Every political scientist studies the future, and all the approaches thus far discussed can be applied to the study of the future.
THE PUZZLES OF POLITICAL SCIENCE