Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
6.07 Impact of Biotechnology
Transcript of 6.07 Impact of Biotechnology
DNA fingerprinting for criminal investigations
The FBI's Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS) is the largest biometric database of criminals in the world. human have a distinguished pattern in their finger thathelps police identify a criminal
- DNA evidence used during a criminal trial can be used both as a means of convicting the guilty and exonerating the innocent.
- DNA fingerprinting for hereditary diseases can give medical professionals the information they need to help patients delay or prevent disease through intervention and lifestyle changes.
- Paternity can be established for peace-of-mind of children who want to know about their heritage.
- The accuracy of DNA fingerprint testing dependS on experience of lab personnel and equipment.
- DNA can degrade over time which would result in inaccurate information.
- DNA Fingerprinting databases infringe upon privacy and civil liberties.
- Inaccurate DNA results could convict an innocent person of a crime.
i beleive that fingerprinting is extremely usefull and very accurate not only will it help criminals to get presacuted but free innocent people whoo have been charged
DNA fingerprinting for criminal investigation