Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Basic Sentence Patterns (EdTech Requirement)
Transcript of Basic Sentence Patterns (EdTech Requirement)
At the end of the lesson, the students are expected to:
- differentiate the sentence patterns
- identify and analyze the use of each sentence part
- expand the basic sentence pattern. Basic Sentence Patterns 1. S-IV or S-IV-Modifier 5. S-TV-DO-OC Subject-Intransitive Verb (S-IV) or
Subject-Intransitive Verb-Modifier (S-IV-Modifier)
Subject – the part of the sentence about which something is said.
Intransitive Verb- verb which does not need an object to receive
Modifier- an adverb used to modify the verb
The speaker of the house spoke.
The speaker spoke with sarcasm.
S IV Modifier
Subject-Transitive Verb-Direct Object
Transitive Verb- verb which needs an object to receive the action.
Direct Object- the word after the transitive verb that answers the question what or who.
The gardener waters the plants.
S TV DO
The students clean the classroom.
S TV DO
Subject-Linking Verb-Complement 3. S-LV-C
Indirect Object- word written between the verb and the direct object
Father told me the secret of the game.
S TV IO DO
Cora gave the boy a box of candies.
S TV IO DO 4. S-TV-IO-DO 2. S-TV-DO Linking Verb- connect the subject of the verb to additional information about the subject Complement- word that describe the subject.
She is awesome.
S LV C
I was absent from class.
S LV C Subject-Transitive Verb-Indirect object-Direct object Subject-Transitive Verb-Direct Object-Objective Complement Objective Complement- refers to the object in such a
way that the two are understood to be the
The boys made Pedro the captain.
S TV DO OC
The class elected Ema as president.
S TV DO OC