Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Control Devices
- They are a type of output devices.
- They are used to control processes in conjunction with sensor input devices.
- sensors can be used alongside computers to control different devices.
They are transducers and are used to take signals from a computer and convert them into some form of motion.
As part of the control process, digital signals are sent from the computer to an actuator to operate a device.
Usually, conversion of digital signal to analogue is required first.
- They are turned off or on by the actuator.
- Motors can provide movement.
the motor in a washing machine can be controlled by a computer - it is switched on when the clothes are loaded for washing and switched off at the end of the wash.
- They are switched on or off by the actuator.
- Buzzers can provide noise.
The buzzer in a microwave oven can be switched on by the controlling computer when the food is cooked.
- Louder noises can be made using a siren or an electric bell,
in a burglar alarm system.
- The actuator is connected to the switch that turns lights on or off.
- Lightbulbs and LEDs can by used to provide light, or to indicate something.
computer-controlled lights are used in traffic lights, at music concerts. Lights are used in car dashboards to show if the any of the systems in the car have problems.
Actuator => What it Can Do
Light bulb or LED
Spins things around
air through pipes
Examples of actuators, and what they can do are...
In many domestic appliances, such as automatic washing machines, cookers, water pumps in central heating system and automatic greenhouses to open windows and switch on fans.
In industry to control robot arms
In computers to operate fans, disk drives and DVD drives
- In cookers and microwave ovens to tell the operator when the cooking process is complete.
- In burglar alarm systems to warn if intruders are present.
- used for security lights.
- In greenhouses to control the lighting conditions.
- Actuators are connected to switches which turn the heater on or off.
-Heaters can provide heat, and coolers can cool things down.
A computer can switch a heater on or off when needed to keep a room or a greenhouse at the correct temperature during winter.
- In automatic washing machines, cookers and central heating systems.
- In automatic greenhouses to control the temperature.
DONE BY :-
ISRAA AHMED AL-RAWI
G 9 A