Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Tiger STEM Academy Snyder ISD
Transcript of Tiger STEM Academy Snyder ISD
A focus on Project Base Learning
If we teach today as we taught yesterday, we rob our children of tomorrow-John Dewey
What is STEM?
Addition to a STEM Academy
What classes will students take?
What is Project-Based Learning?
What skills will students gain?
April 11, 2016
Vol XCIII, No. 311
A Opportunity to Focus
Why should a student be in the STEM Academy?
College prep class AVID
STEM Class 7th grade year
STEM Class 8th grade year (high school credit)
Commit to Join FFA-scholarship & leadership opportunities
Commit to join clubs and be leaders on campus
Tiger STEAM Academy
1. Designed to challenge students
to apply knowledge through
Given problems that require more than just a one answer and/or solution
Students look for solution through creative and critical thinking, collaboration, and communication.
21st Century Skills
Learn to work collaborative
Apply critical thinking
Focus students on attending college
Give students the best chance to prepare for college life
Produce competitive graduates for the workplace
STEM-related careers are some of the highest paid and highest demanded careers
Selection process for students:
Students will apply and will be evaluated on the following:
High School Programs
Mathematics & Reasoning
Health Care Science
Architecture & Construction
Oil & Gas
Pass TSI by 10th grade
12-30 college hours
Endorsement in other areas
Science Fair, UIL participation
Second 7th Grade Cohorts
1. To focus on earning 12-30 hours
2. Earning scholarships
3. Developing leadership opportunities
4. Exploring careers in
Science, Technology, Engineering & Math
5. Focusing on 21st Century skills
6. CHALLENGING STUDENTS!!!