Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
the importance of photosynthesis in maintaining a balanced e
Transcript of the importance of photosynthesis in maintaining a balanced e
the importance of photosynthesis
is the process by which
make use of
in the presence of
is given off when plants photosynthesise.
Food is manufactured in the form of
Plants use the energy from glucose for processes such as
. Excess glucose is converted into
in some plants.
This is then transported to
Many plants convert glucose into
Light is necessary for photosynthesis to take place.
It serves as a source of energy for the green plant.
Chlorophyll is the green pigment found in the leaves of plant.
It absorbs light energy from the Sun or from a suitable light source and enable the plant to make food.
The role of chlorophyll in photosynthesis can be demonstrated using a variegated leaf.
a) In a variegated leaf, only certain parts are green. These parts contain chlorophyll.
b) Examples of plants with variegated leaves are durantha and coleus.
Carbon Dioxide and Water
Carbon Dioxide and water are the raw materials needed for photosynthesis.
Carbon dioxide enters the leaves through the stomata while water enters through the roots.
1. Photosynthesis in green plants is a process that s vital to all life on Earth.
2. It is important in two major ways:
To enable the energy from the sun to be passed on to all life on Earth.
To maintain the balanced of gases in the atmosphere.
3. Light energy from the sun is converted into chemical energy stored in food during photosynthesis.
4. As plants are food producers, the chemical energy stored in them is passed on to the primary consumers that feed on them.
5. When these animals are eaten by the secondary consumers, the chemical energy is in turn passed on to them.
6. During respiration, oxygen is taken in and carbon dioxide is released into the atmosphere.
7. Green plants remove carbon dioxide from the air and produce oxygen during photosynthesis.
8. Thus, photosynthesis serves to maintain the balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. This is important to maintain a balanced ecosystem
thank you <3