Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Samsung Galaxy
Transcript of The Samsung Galaxy
by "Out of This Galaxy"
Marian Barrett, Tara Whitty,
Sarah Clover,Hillary Margolis,
Sarah Ann Rhoades, & Paige Comparato
GALAXY S4 debuted at Radio City Music Hall.
S4 goes global with Gangnam Style
Targeted Apple in most notorious advertisement
Overarching theme of campaign is to be hip and young
The S4 stare down (the smart pause)
Smartphone competition: Sony, HTC, LG, Motorola,
Apple: highest profit on every handset it sells; highest selling smartphone in market
Until 2012, Apple had total control of the smartphone market
Android smartphones more feature-rich, threat to Apple phones
Release of iPhone 5C & iPhone 5S
Apple and Samsung are two major competitors in the smartphone market
together account for roughly 1/2 of smartphones sold
Apple's stronghold = brand loyalty, Samsung needs to break through
Apple's retention rate: 42%
Samsung's retention rate: 38%
GALAXY campaign launched in order to be standout competitor
GALAXY campaign = largest in Samsung history
"Some smart-phones are smarter than other smart-phones."
Focus on differentiating Samsung from other smartphones
Continue poking fun at Apple obsessives
Focus campaign on fewer devices not to overwhelm
• Research competitors and what makes people choose them over Samsung
• Determine what makes their products better than other smartphones
• Determine who is most likely to buy a Samsung phone and what is the audience's attitude toward the brand
Korean company founded in 1938
Not just smartphones!
Vision: "Samsung is dedicated to developing innovative technologies and efficient processes that create new markets, enrich people's lives and continue to make Samsung a digital leader."
• Strengthen brand loyalty to Samsung
• Differentiate Samsung from competitors
• Increase social media presence
• Increase corporate sponsorships
• Sales --> confidence for investors
Evaluate stock performance after launch of S4
Track social media trends and impressions surrounding the GALAXY campaign
Examine regional trends in overall sales and profits as a result of campaign