Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
H.A. Rey - Illustrator of Curious George
Transcript of H.A. Rey - Illustrator of Curious George
Met his wife and partner Margaret, in Brazil, They married and moved to Paris in 1935.
Without any formal training, began drawing cartoons for a newspaper. While Living in Paris, Hans's animal cartoons caught the eye of a French book publisher.
He was then commissioned to write and Illustrate his first book, Cecily G. and the 9 Monkeys.
While little success came from this book, Hans and his wife Margaret grew quite fond of one character in particular, George the Monkey As Jews in Euope during WWII, their work was temporarily put on hold. Hours before Paris was taken by Axis powers, Hans and Margaret escaped on bicycles with whatever they could carry. One of their few posesstions included and illustrated manuscript of the first Curious George book. After escaping war torn Europe,
the Reys settled in New York City. In 1951 H.A. Rey with the help of his wife published the first Curious George Book.
This story has continued to be so popular that it has never gone out of print. While H.A. and Margaret Rey's original seven stories remain the most popular they published many books including:
* Cecily G. and the Nine Monkeys
* Curious George
* Curious George Takes a Job
* Curious George Rides a Bike
* Curious George Gets a Medal
* Curious George Flies a Kite
* Curious George Learns the Alphabet
* Curious George Goes to the Hospital
* Feed the Animals
* Find the Constellations
* Elizabite - Adventures of a Carnivorous Plant
* The Stars: A New Way to See Them
* Where's My Baby?
* See the Circus
* Whiteblack the Penguin Sees the World
* Au Clair de la Lune and other French Nursery Songs