Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Koppen Climate: CFA
Transcript of Koppen Climate: CFA
- mainly thunderstorms
- mild winters
- hurricanes and violent storms are common
- rainfall throughout the year
- mild with no dry season Locations - SOUTHEASTERN UNITED STATES
- SOUTHEASTERN SOUTH AMERICA
- COASTAL SOUTHEASTERN SOUTH AFRICA
- EASTERN AUSTRALIA
- EASTERN ASIA: FROM NORTHERN INDIA THROUGH SOUTH CHINA TO JAPAN Places of Interest - Dodge City, Kansas
- Buenos Aires, Argentina Common Landmarks - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Maps for CFA small scale large scale Climograph Illustration Humid Subtropical Climate American Alligator Florida Panther Brazil's Capybara Spanish Moss Live Oak - remain green and live throughout winter
- widespread in Southeast America
- strong to kill Acalypha - native shrubs of the tropics
- thrive in humid and subtropical weather
- have a rapid growth rate Southern Lapwing - common and widespread species throughout South America
- eats mainly insects and invertebrates
- spurs - vocalization
- mainly eat white tailed deer
- mostly comes out at night
- retractable claws Food Web Human Impacts Citations - fatty tissue
- barrel shaped body
- webbed feet - skin tone
- located in southeastern U.S
- transparent 3rd eyelid Miscellaneous Facts Citations - tourism: warm weather
- port cities: get a lot of imports and they are near large bodies of water
- farming: suitable for crops Affects of Global Warming - messes with wildlife
- increase in temperature
- less water
- sea levels will rise because of the melting glaciers - What to wear
Lightweight cottons during summer months and mostly rain wear during the winter. - Regions with a humid subtropical climate can be found on every continent except Antarctica - Chagas disease is endemic to both tropical and subtropical regions of South America. Dengue fever outbreaks have been recorded in subtropical areas of the United States, namely Florida and Texas. - Temperatures usually stay high (above 70) throughout the year, but cool down for a few months, so there are really only 2 seasons here: summer and winter. Marine West Coast - west coast in the midlatitudes
- very humid "Climatic Regions of the United States, Humid Subtropical." Humid Subtropical. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2013. <http://www.countriesquest.com/north_america/usa/geography/climates_and_climatic_regions/climatic_regions_of_the_united_states/humid_subtropical.htm>.
Doe, Denaye, Jae Cameron, and Jose Hernandez. "Vegetation and Animals." Humid Subtropical. Weebly, n.d. Web. 5 Apr. 2013. <http://humidsubtropicaldjj.weebly.com/index.html>.
"humid subtropical climate". Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online.
Encyclopædia Britannica Inc., 2013. Web. 10 Apr. 2013
D., Rajan. "Useful Notes on Subtropical Humid Climate (Cf) or China Type of Climate." Useful Notes on Subtropical Humid Climate (Cf) or China Type of Climate. Preserve Articles, n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2013. <http://www.preservearticles.com/2011111717355/useful-notes-on-subtropical-humid-climate-cf-or-china-type-of-climate.html>.
"SD : Environment : Global Climate Maps." SD : Environment : Global Climate Maps. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2013. <http://www.fao.org/WAICENT/FAOINFO/SUSTDEV/EIdirect/climate/EIsp0057.htm>.
"Effektive Klimaklassifikation (z. B. Köppen)." Das Klima Der Erde. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2013. <http://www.m-forkel.de/klima/koeppen.html>. "Climate of the World: Slovenia - Weather UK - Weatheronline.co.uk." WeatherOnline. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2013. <http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/reports/climate/Slovenia.htm>.
"What Are Two Very Cool Facts about Humid Subtropical Climate?" Yahoo! Answers. Yahoo!, n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2013. <http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110911121015AAZls8p>.
"Humid Subtropical - Climate Types for Kids." Humid Subtropical - Climate Types for Kids. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2013. <https://sites.google.com/site/climatetypes/humid-subtropical>.
"Marine (Humid) West Coast Climate." Marine West Coast Climate. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2013. <http://www4.uwsp.edu/geo/faculty/ritter/geog101/textbook/climate_systems/marine_west_coast.html>.
Humid Subtropical. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2013. <http://humidsubtropicaldjj.weebly.com/vegitation-and-animals.html>.
"Koppen Climate Classification Flow Chart." GRG301K - Koppen Climate Classification Flow Chart. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2013. <http://www.utexas.edu/depts/grg/kimmel/GRG301K/grg301kkoppen.html>.
"What Are the Life Communities Here?" N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2013. <http://www.nps.gov/history/history/online_books/dewa/dewa_handbook/sec3.htm>. large scale Bald Cypress - most common in swampy areas
- grow in very wet places
- wide trunks