Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
KRCC Board Presentation
Transcript of KRCC Board Presentation
January 26, 2017
The Institutional Case Statement
Why do donors give?
5. Community responsibility/pride
4. Regard for leadership
3. Fiscal stability of institution
2. Respect for institution locally
1. Belief in mission, vision and values of the organization
What Do Potential Donors Want to Know?
Why your mission/program is so vital?
Why are you uniquely qualified/experienced in fulfilling your mission?
Why is it urgent?
Why you need donors/investment?
Why should I give?
What will my gift accomplish?
Building the Development Plan
Assessment of current activities
Looking at your current donors
Expanding your donor community
Your Major Giving Program
Develop a portfolio of prospects capable of making major philanthropic gifts
Other affiliate contacts
Build a committee to work with the management team in
Where Do You Go from Here?
Define your fundraising board
Commit to individual and collective goals
Establish expectations and accountability for board members
Build a work model for CEO/Board activity
Receive coaching and training for asks
Isn't What it
Used to Be
is positioned to be successful
Public media competition
Constantly evolving technology
Need for "real" news & information
the last great
of financial support
for Public Media
Five- and six-figure
gifts need to be the
You must have a PLAN
Aligning the Vision:
Suggestions for Your Board Development Plan
Give - Ask - Give more - Ask again
Always think: 91.5 KRCC
Fundraising is a contact sport
Only purposeful activities
Major Giving is a long-term investment
33% increase in giving for FY17 through December 2016 for 91.5 KRCC
Vision for the future
Giving USA 2016: The Annual Report on Philanthropy for the Year 2015