Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Parallels (The Crucible, McCarthy, Modern Day)
Transcript of Parallels (The Crucible, McCarthy, Modern Day)
-- Senator Joseph R. McCarthy, Feb. 9, 1950, Wheeling, W.Va. Evidence of racial profiling Common Themes Revenge The Crucible Parallels Enrichment Project Madi Klonsinki Authority Revenge: Abigail and Elizabeth Proctor Pride: Proctor denies confession to save his soul Authority: Danforthe will not spare, knows innocent Revenge: McCarthy intimated others by accusing those who do not conform Pride: McCarthy engaged in physical fight with Drew Pearson Authority: McCarthy and HUAC blacklists all who refuse to speak Revenge: Dave Carrol incident Vancouver Riots Pride: Authority: United States Government infringing on basic privacy rights (USA PATRIOT Act) Racial Profiling Pride