Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Why are Volcano's so Common in the Ring of Fire
Transcript of Why are Volcano's so Common in the Ring of Fire
By Ella Partridge
What is an Earthquake
What is the Ring of Fire
The Ring of Fire is an area in the basin of the Pacific Ocean. It covers 40000km of land. The Ring of Fire is a plane where a large number of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. 75% of the worlds active volcanoes and earthquakes appear in the Ring of Fire.
Why ARE Earthquakes so Common in the Ring of Fire
What are Tectonic Plates
Earthquakes are so common in the Ring of Fire because the Ring of Fire has a lot of tectonic plates in it which causes earthquakes because when the bang together or slide underneath eachother.
Tectonic plates are an irregular shaped, stone slab that sit just under the surface. Tectonic plates are what cause earthquakes when they slide underneath eachother or crash together.
Thankyou for Watch and I hope you learnt something valuable about Earthquakes.
An earthquake is a sudden violent shaking of the ground, typically causing great destruction, as a result of movements within the earth's crust or volcanic action.