Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MYP: The Next Chapter
Transcript of MYP: The Next Chapter
MYP: Programme Model
Effective September 2014
*1-2 Words or Short Phrase
Global Context Activity
1. Create groups
2. Identify a Global Context
3. Groups create a visual/symbol (no text!) illustrating the IB Learner Profile connecting it with their Global Context
MYP: Next Chapter
Unit Planner Template
*Process is not linear - you will move in and out
*Start with topic
*Brainstorm Key Concepts
*Identify Key Concepts (1-2 usually)
*Identify Related Concepts (may be embedded in discipline)
Sir Ken Robinson
4. Gallery Walk - use post-it to identify/label Global Context of each visual/symbol illustrated
5. Groups share
*Big Ideas which form the basis of teaching and learning in the MYP
*Engage students in higher order thinking, helping them to connect facts and topics with more complex conceptual understanding
*Provide a focus for transferring knowledge and understanding across disciplines and subject groups
*Powerful abstract ideas that have many dimensions and definitions
*Have important interconnections and overlapping concerns
* use key concepts from your own discipline(s) or subject group(s)—as well as key concepts from other disciplines and subject groups—to plan disciplinary and interdisciplinary units of inquiry.
* Promote deep learning
* Grounded in specific disciplines and are useful for exploring key concepts in greater detail
* Inquiry into related concepts helps students develop more complex and sophisticated conceptual understanding
* May arise from the subject matter of a unit or the craft of a subject—its features and processes.
Subject guides will contain definitions for related concepts as well as examples of how they are used to develop MYP units
Time, place and space
Students will understand...
Example: Voice can be manipulated to
Why did you choose the Global Context?
Sir Ken Robinson: Bring on the learning revolution!
Statement of Inquiry
What are you inquiring
into in this unit?
*Replaces unit question
*Go back to the concepts to write the questions
3, 2, 1
3 - ideas/items you agree with
2 - ideas/items you wonder about or find challenging
1 - idea/item you take away with you that needs to be changed