Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Athens And Sparta
Transcript of Athens And Sparta
-Boys and girls different training.
-Boys live army age 7.
-baby is not healthy death
-women had more freedom
-killed slaves because afraid rebel
Athens and Sparta By Wonjoon Kim
Christian Garber Athens and Sparta Spartan life Spartans -Warriors very cruel and harsh
-Enemies include Persians and Athenians Government of Sparta -Sparta was an oligarchy.
-two kings inherited power equally
-Council of Elders real power Government of Athens -Modern Government = Athenian's Democracy.
-Gathered and debated issues.
-Every citizen part of government. Spartan Economy -relied on farming & war.
-discouraged trade, unlike Athens.
-power over helots and periokois
-did not have coins
-heavy iron bars as money Athenians -Athenians were very smart
-Became very rich from city-states
-Solon had created democracy.
-held city assembly to debate Athens Economy -based on trade
-Athens near sea, good harbor
-Bought/sold goods from Agora
-Agora = huge marketplace
-decorated flat coins Athenian life -women had less freedom
-7 years old, boys taught home
-boy = 18 years old military